Storage units in Frankfort, Kentucky at Capital Self Storage are available in a wide range of sizes, with everything from a small 5’ x 5’ storage unit, all the way to a large 10’ x 20’ storage unit, that’s equivalent in size to an extra-long one-car garage. We make the process of selecting a storage unit enjoyable and easy.
Self storage units available at Capital Self Storage:
- 5’ x 5’ (25 square feet) = $40.00 per month
- 5’ x 10’ (50 square feet) = $68.00 per month
- 10’ x 5’ (50 square feet) = $74.00 per month
- 10’ x 7’ (70 square feet) = $84.00 per month
- 10’ x 8’ (80 square feet) = $87.00 per month
- 10’ x 10’ (100 square feet) = $100.00 per month
- 10’ x 12’ (120 square feet) = $108.00 per month
- 10’ x 15’ (150 square feet) = $130.00 per month
- 10’ x 20’ (200 square feet) = $170.00 per month
Storage tips for Capital Self Storage:
- Rent the correct amount of space you will need and pack the unit full.
- Gather as many boxes as you think you will need as well as tape, markers and packing materials.
- Use uniformly size boxes for easy stacking.
- Make up an inventory list of your items and keep it in a safe space.
- Prepare your space by placing a protective cover on the floor under your goods.
- Plan your storage space. Place items that you may need to access often in the front of the unit.
- Do not store anything combustible.
- Leave an aisle down the center of the storage unit for easier access.
- Stack heavier boxes on the bottom and lighter boxes on top.
- Be sure that your boxes are strong enough to hold 25-30 pounds, although we suggest not putting too much in each box.
- List contents of boxes on all four sides. Number the boxes and seal with tape.
- Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in paper and packed in sturdy boxes.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard, marked “Fragile” and stacked on end.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for china, silverware, small items, etc. Wrap them in tablecloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Larger appliances make excellent packing cases for blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes.
- Put televisions and other electronics in the rear of your storage unit.
- Shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside each other.
- Sofas and loveseats can be stored on end to save floor space. Wrap cushions in plastic and place on top of sofas.
- Avoid placing sharp or heavy objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- If you stand mattresses on their sides, prop them up so they stand straight. Otherwise, they tend to bend out of shape and become lumpy.
- Wipe any items made of metal with machine oil to prevent rusting.
The next step is to visit Capital Self Storage and review everything to be stored on your inventory list. Be sure that you have enough space factored into your space estimate for proper accessibility. At Capital Self Storage, we are experienced in helping our customers determine how to choose the best storage unit for their needs.
When you rent a storage unit at Capital Self Storage in Frankfort, Kentucky, you’re making a smart decision and our customers have access to their storage unit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.